World Health Day 2018
Today is a special day as it marks the anniversary of the World Health Organization which was founded in 1948. That’s 70 years ago the leading global health authority with the United Nations system was founded.
Here at Kijani Living we are frantic about health and wellbeing especially for our readers so read on to learn more about health and what this means for us.
World Health Day is celebrated differently across the world but the majority will agree that increasing the life expectancy of people is key to this day. This day is generally aimed to promote healthier living habits through efforts of health care professionals and various media. This year the theme is about health for all which is aimed to ensure that people worldwide get the quality of health they deserve without experiencing financial hardship. Whilst it’s clear to see how healthcare has improved worldwide there is still a long way to go to ensure that the optimum health is achieved worldwide. Celebrating this day ensures that we understand the importance of health and whilst health can mean anything to anyone as its quite a broad term here at Kijani Living we believe it’s safe to say that the majority of us believe that being healthy is helps improve longevity.
Here are the top tips from us at Kinetic which will help you lead a healthier lifestyle
- Stay Hydrated - Your body needs adequate water to function and it’s important to always stay hydrated. Water helps regulate body temperature, transport nutrients and lubricate your joints. So remember to aim for at least 1-1.5litres per day which includes herbal teas and other fluids.
- Love Fibre - Fibre is essential to your body and will help stabilise blood sugar levels which curbs hunger pangs but also important your gut microbiome and can lead to improved longevity.
- Breakfast - Try to consume breakfast as it’s regarded as the most important meal of the day and can help fuel your entire day. Plan in advance to ensure you have a nutritious breakfast.
- Maintain A Healthy Diet - Tyr to eat more nutritious foods such as fruits & vegetables which provide essential micronutrients, grains, a variety or protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates which of course are essential to fuel your day. Try to not count each calorie per meal but base it on the nutrient intake of the meal.
- Stress Less - Take time to relax and try mediation or yoga to ensure that you unwind when under stress. Even deep breathing exercises can help during stressful times.
- Sleep More - Ensure you get enough sleeps as poor sleep can reduce your physical and mental performance the whole day. Lack of sleep has also been associated with many disorders such as obesity so ensure you get enough sleep you require.
- Physical Activity – Try to participate in at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day as this has been long to improve overall health. Maybe try walking or cycling to the train station or to work it that’s doable.
Remember its key to always get a check up if you don’t feel 100% and regularly check ups are essential for many individuals especially after certain ages. Now let’s all enjoy this amazing day and from Kinetic we wish you all a Happy World Health Day!