Dong Quai Root is a species of Angelica plant and is a cousin to fennel, carrots and Queen-Anne’s Lace, all members of the Umbelliferae family known for its umbrella shaped, flowering tops. Dong Quai is called by several other names in herbal literature: Dong guai, Dang Gui, Tang Kwai or Tang Kwei. The part of the plant that is used is the root.
Dong Quai can be found as a sliced root that is yellow on the outside and white on the inside. Pieces of the root are regularly added to soups and stews. The plant is also enjoyed in teas.
Traditionally used in China for thousands of years, it was considered a ‘warming herb’ and often used for circulatory support and to also support women’s hormonal health. It has since, been used over the world as an adjunct in wellness management.
Dong Quai naturally contains compounds such as Vitamins A and E, Folic acid and Vitamin B12, Essential aromatic oils and Coumestans. The plant is generally thought to be given the characteristics of ‘strength and power’. The root itself owes its sweet woody distinctive aroma due to the high content of chemical constituents, including dihyrofuranocoumarins and Ligustilide.
• Nature’s Answer gently harnesses the power of this wonderful herb and brings it to you in their unique Dong Quai Root alcohol-free liquid extract.
• Being a highly concentrated liquid, it is absorbed at a faster rate than any other product that is either highly diluted with alcohol (such as tinctures), or even capsules or soft gels for example.
• Bio-Chelation® is a proprietary herb-friendly, cold-extraction technique that was exclusively developed by Nature’s Answer. This enables all the raw plant parts to be extracted intact, without the use of harsh solvents or heat commonly used by other brands. All the natural plant constituents can be maintained, thus enabling the herb to keep its Holistic Balance® intact.
• The Advanced Botanical Fingerprint® Technology is a unique process allowing Nature’s Answer to identify each and every plant’s distinctive botanical fingerprint (the plants’ natural characteristics and markers) enabling them to provide a final herbal extract that contains the same synergistic ratios of unique markers as in the original plant. Just like Mother Nature Intended!
• Absolutely No Artificial Preservatives or Sweeteners are used: Vegetable glycerine is the preservative of choice; it is low in glycaemic index and does not disturb our natural balance of bacteria. It also helps to prolong the shelf life of the herbal extract. The vegetable glycerine also replaces the alcohol, commonly present in diluted herbal tinctures or other brands of extracts at high concentrations.
• Safe and Authentic: Every customer can rest assured that Nature’s Answer Dong Quai Root extract contains the highest quality botanical ingredients. Tested, verified and free of impurities.
Ingredients per 2ml:
• Dong Quai (Angelica Sinensis) Root Extract (515 mg)
• 1,545 mg/6ml maximum daily dose.
• Do not exceed the recommended maximum daily dose
• Other ingredients: Vegetable Glycerine, Purified water
• Shake well.
• Warning: Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not use if pregnant or breast-feeding.
• Do not use if the safety seal is missing or damaged.
• Food supplements should be used within the framework of a healthy lifestyle and not used as substitutes of a varied and balanced diet.
• If you are taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any food supplement
See Delivery & Returns page for full details, conditions apply.